Top 10 Christmas destinations to remember
Pauline Frommer, daughter of travel guru Arthur Frommer and creator of the new Pauline Frommer’s Travel Guides, selected the Top10 destinations that will make a holiday vacation unforgettable.
· Santa Fe, N.M.: Join the Canyon Road Farolito Walk and visit the Christmas in Madrid Open House.
· London, England: Watch the Christmas Pantomimes, based on popular children’s stories and fairy tales, at the Barbican, Victoria Palace and Richmond theaters.
· Las Vegas: This city’s New Year’s Eve celebration draws thousands of revelers.
· Branson, Mo.: The entire area lights up with dazzling holiday decorations.
· Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Reveillon, a New Year’s Eve celebration, includes an all-night festival on the beach with music, food and a fireworks spectacular.
· New York City: Who can resist the holiday trimmings on Fifth Avenue or the decorative windows of Saks Fifth Avenue and Lord & Taylor ?
· Rome, Italy: Pope Benedict XVI will offer the traditional Christmas Blessing from St. Peter’s Square, and the Vatican produces a New Year’s Eve fireworks show.
· Puerto Rico: Highlights include Old San Juan’s White Christmas Festival and the Bacardi Artisans Fair.
· New Orleans: Enjoy Papa Noel celebrations, bonfires along the Mississippi River and a New Year’s Eve Jackson Square Street Party.
· Sydney, Australia: Fireworks light up Sydney Harbor on New Year’s Eve.
Related Links > http://www.frommers.com/pauline